Tips to Increase Physical Activity
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
- Do housework yourself instead of hiring someone else to do it.
- Work in the garden or mow the grass.
- Go out for a short walk before breakfast, after dinner or both. Start with 5-10 minutes and work up to 30 minutes.
- Walk down the hall to speak with someone rather than using the telephone.
- Participate in or start a recreation league at your company.
- Brainstorm project ideas with a coworker while taking a walk.
- Stand while talking on the telephone.
- Plan family outings and vacations that include physical activity.
- Dance with someone – or by yourself.
- Make a date with a friend to enjoy your favorite physical activities. Do them regularly.
- See the sights in new cities by walking, jogging or bicycling.
Source: American Heart Association
For more heart health articles during our Heart Month series, click here.
To read our Hearts of Jackson patient stories, click here.
MIRACLES MADE DAILY
Here at Jackson Health System, Miracles are made Daily! We would like to share some of those stories through our Community Blog. We invite you to read, share and comment on our stories so we can build a healthy more well-informed community, together!
CONNECT WITH US
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Get the lastest news, events, patient stories, service line info, health wellness & more.SIGN UP