Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
An Echocardiogram or echo, is a safe and painless procedure that uses ultrasound waves to examine the heart. Echos are used to evaluate simple heart conditions, like murmurs, to more serious cases like valve replacements and congenital heart disease. Our team of experienced cardiologists and echocardiographers deliver the highest quality 2D, 3D, stress echocardiograms and highly specialized in assistant devices, like LVADs, ECMOs, and Impella. We also offer specialized services to pre- and post- transplant patients.
We provide the following ultrasound imaging studies:
- Exercise Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
Before Your Echocardiogram
- 2D Echocardiograms do not require any preparations.
- For a Stress Echocardiogram, do not eat or drink four hours prior to the exam.
- Do not take your morning medications, but bring them with you.
- If you are having a stress echocardiogram, please wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
- Please call the Echocardiography Department at 305-585-6000 if you have questions about preparation for your exam.
During Your Echocardiogram
- You will first need to sign in at the registration desk.
- The technologist will introduce themselves and review any additional information that is needed.
- You will be positioned on an examination table and a warm, clear gel will be applied to the area being examined. A transducer is then firmly pressed against the skin and swept back and forth to record the sound waves that are used to obtain the image.
- The Echocardiogram exam usually takes from 30 minutes to one hour to complete.
After Your Echocardiogram
- You may resume normal activity after your 2D Echo or stress echo.
- The results of your echocardiogram will be made available to the prescribing physician.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000.
Radiology Services at JMH
Click the image to view the Radiology Brochure.