JSCH - Critical Care Services
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
JSCH Critical Care Services
Jackson South Community Hospital - Critical Care Services
Medical - Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Chief Nursing Officer - Jackson South Community Hospital
Cary Nieves, RN, BSN, MBA-HA
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Ric Cuming, RN, MSN, EdD, NEA-BC
Associate Director of Nursing
Marlys Yu, RN, BSN, Associate Director of Patient Care Services
- Medical - Surgical ICU, cardiac stabilization prior to transfer to JMH, includes Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
- Multicultural, experienced nurses - low turnover rate, average length of employment is more than 10 years
- Outcomes -Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP), Central Lines Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI), Cather Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI), Unit Acquired Pressure Ulcer (UAPU) are all below the national benchmarks
- Intensivists & multidisciplinary rounds daily
- Shared Governance Coordinating Council Presentation October 2009: Synergy Between Shared Governance and Clinical Outcomes
- Shared Governance Coordinating Council Presentation November 2011: Teamwork at Jackson South Improves Patient Outcomes (a sustainability project)
- Research conference poster presentation 2010 & 2011
Size and Type
14 Bed Unit - Medical Surgical ICU
30 RNs, 1 Hospital Unit Secretary
All nursing staff are ACLS ,BLS Certified
Staff Skill Mix
50% BSN, 2% MSN; 8% working towards MSN, 10% CCRN, 20% working towards CCRN
Our organizational structure follows the Shared Governance model. It is made up of the associate director of nursing, associate nurse managers, clinical staff nurses, PCTs, unit secretary, clinical educators and others as needed.
|JSCH Critical Care UPC Members
Althea Warrell, RN, Co-Chair; Doreen Perez RN,; Abby Marrerro, Pharm.D.; Grace Larrea, RN, BSN; Sonia Gentles RN, BSN; Marty Turner, RN, Chair; and Bea Fife, RN, BSN