Trauma Resuscitation Unit
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Trauma Resuscitation Unit, Jackson Memorial Hospital
Emergency Room and Trauma Services
Albert Hernandez, ARNP, MSN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Ric Cuming, RN, MSN, EdD, NEA-BC
- Ryder Trauma Center is the only Level One Adult Trauma Center in Miami-Dade County.
- Ryder Trauma Center is one of the 2 pediatric trauma centers in Miami-Dade County.
- It also has a receiving unit for all patients requiring Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD).
- Ryder Trauma Center has the only Level One Burn Trauma Center south of Orlando.
- We believe that those who are closest to patient care are the best participants for improving health care outcomes and the practice environment.
- Shared Governance Coordinating Council Presentation August 2011: Omnicell Optimization Project - A Focus on the JHS Pillars of Finance and Quality
Size & Type
The unit has 6 observation beds and 5 trauma bays.
22 RNs, 5 RNs certified to insert PICCs (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters), 9 Emergency Services Care Associates (ESCA)
Staff Skill Mix
100% RN specifically trained in Trauma Nursing
Our organizational structure follows the Shared Governance model. It is made up of a nurse manager, associate nurse managers, clinical staff nurses, Emergency Services Care Associates (ESCA) and others.