Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Jackson Health System provides the most comprehensive diagnoses and treatment of breast cancer and breast disease with leading-edge technology and equipment throughout the system. The earlier any cancer is found, the better the chances are for a full recovery, making it imperative for women to receive routine care and tests. That's why Jackson Health System conveniently offers breast health services throughout South Florida.
Services Provided At These Hospitals & Locations
Jackson Memorial Hospital
The Taylor Breast Health Center/Roberta Orlen Chaplin Digital Breast Imaging Center occupies a modern, spacious, patient-friendly space, equipped with state-of-the-art mammography and breast ultrasound equipment. The space has direct access to the MRI area, which also has ultramodern breast MRI equipment. Our center is staffed by University of Miami Miller School of Medicine board-certified, fellowship trained physicians, experts in their respective fields. All nurse practitioners, nurses, radiology technicians, and support staff have years of experience and provide a patient-centered service.
- Screening Digital Mammography: offered at the center and at the Mobile Mammography Unit
- Diagnostic Digital Mammography with tomosynthesis (3D)
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Image-guided breast procedures: core needle biopsy, fine needle aspiration, and pre-surgical needle localization under mammographic, ultrasound, stereotactic, and MRI guidance.
- Patient Education in an Age-Appropriate Manner including Self Breast Examination
- Pathology/Cytology Services with Same-day Results (for certain biopsies)
- Treatment Planning for Benign and Malignant Conditions
- Counseling and Therapy
- High-risk Clinic and Genetic Counseling
- Pre and Post-Breast Surgery Care and Education
- Long-term Follow-up of Breast Cancer Patients
- Radiation Oncology
- Genetic Counselling
Breast Imaging Radiology
- Fernando Collado-Mesa, MD, Medical Director
- Selin Carkaci, MD
- Karen Levy, MD
- Eli Avisar, MD, Medical Director
- Dio Fanceschi, MD
- Mecker Moller, MD
- Steven Rodgers, MD
- Jeanne Elfman, RN, Associate Nurse Manager
- Ramona Salinel, ARNP
- Odiane Medacier, ARNP
- Ritza Georges, RN
- Yamilet Lopez, Radiology Supervisor
- Silvia Gutierrez, Administration Support Specialist
Tests, Treatments & Procedures
- Palpable Mass Biopsy
The biopsy or excision of a palpable (tangible) mass.
- Needle Localization
The localization of an intangible mass with a needle, performed by radiologists.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Uses a special type of X-ray during a core needle biopsy to find the area of the breast where the biopsy sample will be taken. This technique can check a lump that cannot be felt on breast examination but is seen on mammogram or ultrasound. A small incision is then made in the skin of the breast, and the core needle is guided by the X-ray to the biopsy site to take a tissue sample. Stereotactic biopsy may not be appropriate for all types of breast lumps.
- Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
Lumps or abnormalities in the breast are often detected by physical examination, mammography, or other imaging studies. However, it is not always possible to tell from these imaging tests whether a growth is benign or cancerous. In ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, ultrasound imaging is used to help guide the radiologist's instruments to the site of the abnormal growth.
Miami, FL 33136 305-585-1111
Jackson North Medical Center
Jackson North Medical Center offers state-of-the-art digital mammography technology, providing women with fast, convenient testing, while while ensuring that our physicians receive advanced, high-quality imaging.
- Digital Mammography Technology
- Stereotactic Biopsy
North Miami Beach, Fl 33169 305-651-1100