Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Neuro-trauma services are provided at Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center and include operative and non-operative care for head-injured patients. We perform more than 120 trauma craniotomies annually, as well as reconstructive and rehabilitative surgeries for the non-acute neurotrauma patient.
Our physicians and staff are also committed to conducting neuro-trauma research. Current research areas include:
- Identification of serum and CSF markers in traumatic brain injury.
- Surface vs. intravenous cooling in neurological injury.
- Brain tissue oxygen monitoring and cerebral blood flow monitoring in traumatic brain injury.
- The role of radical decompressive craniectomy in traumatic brain injury.
- Cranial reconstruction following traumatic craniocerebral injury.