Pediatric Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Criteria
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
At MTI, you will become partners with your health care team, which consists of s transplant surgeon, transplant nephrologist, transplant nurse coordinator, social worker, pre-transplant secretary, donor team, patient financial services, dietician, and psychologist. Everyone will work together to ensure a successful procedure and good long-term outcome.
- Initiation of dialysis therapy or kidney function of 20% or less (calculated or measured)
- Infants (10kg) to adults (no age limit)
- No evidence of cancer within two years (other than skin cancer)
- No evidence of severe cardiac disease (cardiomyopathy, low ejection fraction or ischemic heart disease)
- No evidence of severe pulmonary pathology
- Hepatitis B and C without cirrhosis (evaluated by liver biopsy)
- HIV infection on HAART therapy may qualify for a current study protocol
- Ability to follow a complex medical regime of medication and post transplant follow up (compliance) by oneself or by an identified support person
- Identified support system available
- Coverage for medications
- Active infections
- Hepatitis B or C with documented cirrhosis on liver biopsy
- HIV positive and not on HAART therapy
- Evidence of current alcohol or substance abuse
- Morbid obesity (BMI >35) – unless all vascular access has failed
- Current psychiatric or psychological pathology
Pediatric Kidney-Pancreas and Pancreas Transplant
Highland Professional Building
1801 N.W. 9th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136