About the Public Health Trust
Jackson Health System has resumed normal operations at a majority of its facilities.
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care at Cutler Bay is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Keystone Point is now open
The UHealth Jackson Urgent Care center at Country Walk is now open
The Jefferson Reaves remain closed due to power outages.
To reschedule an appointment, please call 305-585-6000. Updated information for UHealth Jackson Urgent Care centers is available at JacksonUrgentCare.com.
Purpose of the Public Health Trust
The purpose(s) of the Trust shall include operation, governance, and maintenance of Trust facilities:
- For the benefit of the general community and not for the exclusive benefit of any single individual or group of individuals;
- As the major provider of health services, directly and indirectly, to the poor and near poor with-in Miami-Dade County;
- For serving the health care needs of patients living in reasonable geographic proximity to Jackson Memorial Hospital and other Trust Facilities;
- With the capability of supporting, maintaining and managing a proper balance between primary, secondary and tertiary health care programs that will strive for a single standard of general and specialized health services;
- As a major referral center which has elected to offer a full range of medical and support specialties which are not generally available at community hospitals, including trauma care;
As a teaching facility which operates training programs for physicians, nurses and other health care professionals;
- For providing major clinical facilities which support the University of Miami School of Medicine and other educational institutions, which train future health care professionals; and
- For providing opportunities for clinical and applied research in all areas of medicine to continuously upgrade the general level of medical care available to citizens.
The purpose(s) of the Trust shall also include:
- Participation in activities designed to promote the general health of the community;
- Providing recommendations to the Commission for the establishment of health care delivery policies in the designated facilities of the Trust; and
- Fulfillment of the objectives set forth by the Commission in the Trust Ordinance and compliance with County-wide health care delivery policies which have been or may be established by the Commission.
Public Health Trust
Public Health Trust Board of Trustees
Jackson Memorial Hospital
1611 N. W. 12th Avenue
West Wing, First Floor, Room 108D
Miami, FL 33136