Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to provide the highest quality training for the physician of today and of tomorrow. We are proud of our unique environment, where we accept highly qualified applicants into one of our 74 ACGME accredited or 27 subspecialty programs recognized by other organizations. Our environment is urban, richly diverse, and spans several training venues. Our faculty is world-renowned as educators, clinicians, and scientists. Our goal is to utilize all of our resources to assure the public that our trainees are highly competent to fulfill their roles as professionals; and to support and encourage our trainees to achieve their personal goals and highest potential.
Our GME enterprise is a partnership between the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Jackson Memorial Health System. Together we assure our faculty and our programs that we will support their educational missions, provide a healthy and safe environment for our trainees, and deliver high quality patient-centered care.
The Graduate Medical Education Office is located on the Medical Campus of the Miller School of Medicine and the Jackson Memorial Hospital complex in Miami, FL (Rosensteil Medical Science Building, Suite 1149, 1600 NW 10th Ave, Miami, FL 33136).
Our Institutional Commitment
We provide oversight and support for all programs, including ACGME accredited and institutionally approved non-ACGME programs. Each program is expected to appoint the most qualified applicants, recruit and retain outstanding attending physicians, and offer comprehensive, competency-based educational training. We are committed to training that balances learning, service, and scholarship; and that facilitates professional, ethical, and personal development.
The Sponsoring Institution, Jackson Health System agrees to:
- Acknowledge the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) as the policy and oversight body of graduate medical education (GME), as recognized by the Medical Executive Committee of Jackson Health System and the PHT Board;
- Support a central administrative Office of Graduate Medical Education with appropriate staffing to support the GME enterprise and its functions, the program directors and their programs, and trainees and their needs;
- Ensure that all residents and fellows have the opportunity to learn and provide safe patient care under appropriate supervision for their level of training;
- Guarantee that all residents and fellows are treated fairly; that personnel policies and procedures are implemented consistently, and that all trainees have ample opportunity to communicate concerns;
- Facilitate and formalize collaborations and affiliations with other teaching hospitals and community facilities that enhance the training experience;
- Assure patient care support services that lead to an appropriate balance of service and education in all programs, and that support compliance with ACGME duty hours regulations;
- Offer financial, human, and educational resources (library, teaching space, equipment, information systems and common curricula) to all GME programs; and
- Provide adequate on-call rooms, food services, security and other services beneficial to the well-being of all trainees.
Salary and Benefits
To download salary and benefits information, please click the links below.