The Children’s Heart Center (CHC) at Holtz Children’s Hospital is an internationally respected center for the comprehensive care of children and adults with congenital and acquired heart disease. As faculty members of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, our specialists are at the forefront of ground-breaking medical research.
Our expertise goes beyond the practice of general pediatric cardiology and extends to all subspecialty fields including catheter based interventions, heart failure, transplant and electrophysiology. Our surgical program cares for all patients and specializes in the care of high-risk neonates.
We offer the full spectrum of state-of-the-art cardiac services for babies in the womb, newborns, children and adults with congenital disease. Our services include:
- Diagnosis and medical management of congenital heart disease for children & adults
- Cardiac surgery for neonates through to adulthood
- Interventional catheterization and electrophysiology
- Management of heart failure and transplant
- ICAEL accredited echocardiography/advanced imaging laboratory
- Arrhythmia management
- Fetal cardiology program
- Child focused Preventive Cardiology Program
Our success is attributed to a multi-disciplinary team including cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, cardiac intensivists, nurse practitioners & nurses, cardiovascular technicians and our patients & their families.