A Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality
We recognize the diverse South Florida community and strive to make our hospitals and outpatient programs welcoming to every visitor. In fact, Jackson is one of only a few health systems consistently recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We also offer support to patients and their families at each of our facilities.
For six years, Jackson Health System was named a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the HRC Foundation. For more information, click here.
Our Commitment to the LGBT Community
- We acknowledge that LGBT people experience higher levels of depression and anxiety than heterosexual people.
- In order to create a health promoting environment and to reduce health inequities, LGBT persons must have access to culturally competent medical treatment and prevention services.
- We offer counseling in a safe and welcoming environment for people of all cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.
- Our staff and team of clinicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and psychology trainees/psychiatric residents – helps meet the mental health needs of Miami’s LGBT, queer, and questioning community members and caring allies.
- Jackson continues to be a leader in providing specialty care to individuals and families managing HIV spectrum disorders.
- We offer a variety of behavioral health services and opportunities for community members, including psychiatric treatment, psychotherapy for individuals and couples, and group therapy.