Jackson Memorial Hospital is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine. Since 1952, the Public Health Trust has had a basic affiliation agreement with the medical school, supplemented by an annual operating agreement, which sets forth the responsibilities of and the services to be provided by each party. Of the nearly 1,000 full-time faculty members of the medical school, more than 600 are doctors engaged in clinical practice who have been granted medical staff privileges and can admit patients to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
While Jackson Memorial and the University of Miami operate as independent institutions, many of the services and programs offered at the hospital and medical school have become closely integrated. This relationship has enabled Jackson Memorial Hospital to develop as a major tertiary care center, benefiting both the community and the region it serves.
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Center for Treatment Research on Adolescent Drug Abuse
- Diabetes Research Institute
- Injury Free Coalition For Kids – Miami
- Jackson Memorial Foundation
- Miami Project to Cure Paralysis at Lois Pope Life Center
- Michael S. Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education
- National Parkinson Foundation
- South Florida Aids Network – SFAN
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Lagos
- University of Miami ALS Clinical and Research Center
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine