Everyone knows someone whose life has been touched by Jackson Health System. Our miracle stories are endless – and the list grows every day.
Jackson Memorial Hospital is the flagship hospital for the health system and it has been a beacon of medical excellence and community care for more than a century. Throughout its rich and storied history, Jackson Memorial – located in the heart of the City of Miami – has been ground zero for some of the world’s greatest medical breakthroughs and important moments in South Florida.
We’ve grown into one of the nation’s largest public hospitals, and one of the few that is also a world-class academic medical center with a proud mission and proven success.
Jackson Memorial is an accredited, tertiary teaching hospital with 1,500 licensed beds, where nearly every medical specialty is provided by some of the world’s most skilled and highly regarded physicians from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
It is those same physicians who are training the doctors of tomorrow at Jackson Memorial, home to one of the nation’s largest graduate medical education programs. At any given time, we have more than 1,100 residents and fellows training throughout our health system in more than 100 different physician specialty programs.
With a focus on clinical quality, patient safety, advanced technology, and service excellence, our patients are our top priority at Jackson Memorial. Everyone who walks through our doors can expect to receive the best, highest-level medical care, delivered by a diverse group of caregivers who share the qualities we value most: compassion, accountability, respect, and expertise.
Jackson is known as a leader in many medical specialties, in large part, due to the collaboration between University of Miami doctors working alongside Jackson’s highly skilled nurses and therapists to provide every patient with the best care and the best outcome. Our centers of excellence include:
- Miami Transplant Institute: Ranked the second largest transplant program in the country, the Miami Transplant Institute is the only one in Florida to perform every type of organ transplant on adults and children. As a result, patients from all over the world come to MTI for consultation and treatment.
- Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital: One of the world’s most sophisticated and admired specialty centers, Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial is the most renowned Level 1 trauma center in Miami-Dade County. Physicians from across the globe seek out Ryder Trauma’s expertise, and it is the U.S. Army’s exclusive site for training forward surgical teams before deployment.
- Miami Burn Center: One of the leading burn treatment facilities in the nation, Miami Burn Center is the only center in South Florida to be verified by the American Burn Association.
- Jackson Heart Institute: Jackson has the most comprehensive heart program in Miami, with cardiac care available to patients of every age – from pediatrics to adults.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery: The multidisciplinary neuroscience team at the Neurology and Neurosurgery Center of Excellence at Jackson Memorial Hospital is comprised of leaders in advanced diagnostic capabilities on the cutting-edge of technology and procedures.
While we celebrate our expertise in medicine, our best key performance indicators are our patients and their success stories.
Every member of our team is proud of the work we do at Jackson Memorial, and deeply committed to our patients, visitors, and guests. We hope that you also believe in Jackson, and that you will trust us with all of your medical needs.
Roy L. Hawkins, Jr., FACHE
Senior Vice President and Chief Executive Officer
Jackson Memorial Hospital