*Please note the Financial Assessment Outpatient department at Jackson South has moved.*
Jackson South Medical Center’s Financial Assessment Outpatient department is located east of US 1, providing easy access from the Palmetto Expressway (SR 826) and the Florida Turnpike.
Jackson South Medical Center
Financial Assessment Outpatient Department
8950 S.W. 152nd Street, Room 146
Palmetto Bay, Florida 33157
- From US 1: Take US 1 to S.W. 152nd Street. Turn onto 152nd Street heading east. The office will be on the right in Palmetto Bay.
- From Florida’s Turnpike: Take the turnpike to S.W. 152nd Street and drive east. The office will be after the US 1 intersection on the right side.
Seeking Financial Assistance at Jackson
Jackson Health System’s financial assistance policy is designed to be consistent with our mission to ensure that all residents of Miami-Dade County receive a single high standard of care regardless of their ability to pay. Anyone in need of critical or emergency health care may receive such care regardless of financial status or ability to pay.
It is the policy of the Public Health Trust and Jackson Eligibility Management to provide Financial Assessment to unfunded or uninsured patients seeking financial assistance. Unfunded patients will be interviewed for a potential funding source including federal, state, county and/or charity care. Jackson Health System (JHS) follows the Federal Poverty Guidelines to qualify patients for charity. Patients who are potentially eligible for charity care and reside in Miami-Dade County are required to complete an interview and sign the Jackson Charity Care and Grant Programs application.
A patient’s financial benefits and classification is determined by:
- Proof of county residency and Citizenship/Immigration status
- Proof of patient’s family unit size
- Proof of family unit gross income in relation to current Federal Poverty Guidelines. Charity plan code classification and patient fee responsibility is issued using a sliding fee scale based on income and current Federal Poverty Guidelines up to 300%.
- Additional patient provided documentation as listed in the brochure called “Financial Assistance for Medical Care”.
At Jackson, we are aware that medical costs often occur when families least expect or can afford them. If you can’t make a payment or are having financial problems, a financial representative will work with you to try to help you. For assistance, or to receive a financial assessment appointment, please call our scheduling line at 305-585-6000.
What You Need to Know About the Affordable Care Act
Please be aware that your Jackson Prime Card or Jackson Clinic Card does not qualify as health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. In 2016, tax penalties for not having healthcare coverage were $695 or 2.5 percent of your household income, whichever was higher.
Please contact one of our Health Navigators at 305-585-6486. They can explain the benefits of joining one of the many Affordable Care Act health plans. You may also qualify for subsidies and reductions in your cost shares that will make your insurance coverage even more affordable.
Avoid these tax penalties and sign up for a health plan today!
Downloadable Brochures & Forms
- Jackson Health System Fees
- Charity Policy
- Financial Assistance for Medical Care
- Personal Statement
- Self Employment Verification
- Third Party Verification Statement
- HHS Notice of Free or Reduced Charges
- Asistencia Financiera Para El Cuidado De Su Salud
- Formulario de Declaración Personal
- Declaración de Verificación de Empleo
- Apoyo de un Tercero y Declaración de Verificación
- HHS Notificación de Cargos Gratis o Reducido
- Fason Pou Jwenn Swen Pou Pasyan Ki Pa Entène Nan Jackson Health System
- Fòm deklarasyon pèsonèl
- Deklarasyon Pou Verifikasyon Travay
- Sipò ak Deklarasyon Verifikasyon Moun Twazyèm Pati a
- Swen Medikal Pou Moun Malè Pa Ka Peye