Neuro-trauma services are provided at Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center and include operative and non-operative care for head-injured patients. We perform more than 120 trauma craniotomies annually, as well as reconstructive and rehabilitative surgeries for the non-acute neurotrauma patient.
Our physicians and staff are also committed to conducting neuro-trauma research. Current research areas include:
- Identification of serum and CSF markers in traumatic brain injury.
- Surface vs. intravenous cooling in neurological injury.
- Brain tissue oxygen monitoring and cerebral blood flow monitoring in traumatic brain injury.
- The role of radical decompressive craniectomy in traumatic brain injury.
- Cranial reconstruction following traumatic craniocerebral injury.