Trauma Resuscitation Unit, Jackson Memorial Hospital
Emergency Room and Trauma Services
Albert Hernandez, ARNP, MSN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Ric Cuming, RN, MSN, EdD, NEA-BC
- Ryder Trauma Center is the only Level One Adult Trauma Center in Miami-Dade County.
- Ryder Trauma Center is one of the 2 pediatric trauma centers in Miami-Dade County.
- It also has a receiving unit for all patients requiring Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD).
- Ryder Trauma Center has the only Level One Burn Trauma Center south of Orlando.
- We believe that those who are closest to patient care are the best participants for improving health care outcomes and the practice environment.
- Shared Governance Coordinating Council Presentation August 2011: Omnicell Optimization Project – A Focus on the JHS Pillars of Finance and Quality
Size & Type
The unit has 6 observation beds and 5 trauma bays.
22 RNs, 5 RNs certified to insert PICCs (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters), 9 Emergency Services Care Associates (ESCA)
Staff Skill Mix
100% RN specifically trained in Trauma Nursing
Our organizational structure follows the Shared Governance model. It is made up of a nurse manager, associate nurse managers, clinical staff nurses, Emergency Services Care Associates (ESCA) and others.