Throughout Jackson Health System, we offer compassionate inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation care designed to meet the varying needs of our patients. By working closely with patients and family members, Jackson Health System’s rehabilitation team continually strives to achieve the highest possible outcomes, offering world-class rehabilitation services throughout our system.
Services Provided At These Hospitals & Locations
As part of a leading academic medical center, Jackson Rehabilitation Hospital provides comprehensive rehabilitative care to adults, adolescents and children, while helping patients and their families with the recovery process. Led by an experienced, multidisciplinary team, Jackson Rehabilitation Hospital delivers inpatient care, outpatient services for patients, and a wide array of support services for patients with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and a broad spectrum of medical and physical conditions.
1611 N.W. 12th Avenue
Miami, FL 33136
Jackson South Medical Center’s rehabilitation services are designed to meet the varying needs of individual patients who will benefit from the multidisciplinary care offered by our outstanding health care team. By working closely with patients and family members, the team continually strives to achieve the highest possible outcomes.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 305-256-5370.
Jackson South’s inpatient unit offers a full continuum of services to patients and healthcare providers. An interdisciplinary team provides patients with compassionate, comprehensive and state-of-the-art services that ensures quality outcomes and promotes prevention.
For our patients, care begins before arrival and continues throughout their stay at the hospital. Once a patient is admitted, they have direct access to our unique team of rehabilitation experts. Family is also an important part of recovery, so everyone from spouses to siblings is a part of the care team. Each patient and team discusses and develops individualized goals to ensure everyone is working together towards a maximum level of independence. This inclusive approach allows for a supportive, encouraging and a positive beginning to recovery.
Types of occupational therapy available:
- Customized treatment programs aimed at improving abilities to carry out activities of daily living
- Assessments and treatment for work performance skills
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment to replace lost function
- Instructions to family members and attendants in safe and effective methods of caring for individuals
- Cognitive/Perceptual Retraining
- Education and Prevention Therapy
- Hand/Wrist/Shoulder Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic/Sports Medicine
- Scar management
- Wound therapy
- Ultrasound treatment
- Thermal Modalities including Paraffin, Whirlpool, Fluidotherapy and Contrast bath
Types of Physical Therapy available:
- Vertigo/Vestibular Rehab
- Back/Neck Rehabilitation
- Isokinetic Testing Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic/Sports Medicine
- Pain Management and Assessments
- RSD Program
- TMJ Evaluation and Treatment
- Orthopaedic/Sports Medicine
- Dysphasia Evaluation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Cardiac Wellness
- Medical Massage
- Neurological Rehab
- Balance and Fall Prevention
- Posture and Body Mechanics Testing
- Industrial Rehabilitation
9333 S.W. 152nd Street
Miami, FL 33157
Jackson North Medical Center provides comprehensive rehabilitation services.
To contact Jackson North Rehabilitation Services, please call 305-654-5043.
- Physical Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Therapeutic Indoor Heated Pool
- Wound Care
- Pediatric Services (including developmental screenings for at-risk infants and follow up therapy)
- Full Activities of Daily Living Area
- 10,000 square-foot Therapy Gym
- After-Care Wellness Program
- Vital Stim™ (for swallowing disorders)
Medical Conditions Treated
- Gait Disorders
- Functional Decline
- Multiple Trauma
- Neurologic Conditions
- Hand Injuries
- Balance and Equilibrium Disorders
- Sports and Work Injuries
- Developmental Delays
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Jackson North Medical Center is dedicated to improving the quality of life, functionality and independence of its patients. The 12 bed, CARF accredited unit offers a multidisciplinary team approach to each patient’s care under the direction of a board certified physiatrist who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
There is a full Activities of Daily Living Area for practicing skills needed when the patient returns home, including a bathroom, kitchen, dining area, laundry, bedroom and car. Patients referred to the center are admitted based on their rehabilitative potential. They need to be medically stable and able to participate in individual and group therapy.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Jackson North is located in the main hospital on the east wing of the fourth floor.
Click here to see our outcomes in the FY 2019 Annual Report.
An exercise program designed for individuals who have completed a course of therapy, want to maintain or continue to improve their physical fitness and may need special monitoring or medical accommodations.
- The program is specifically designed for former outpatients of Rehabilitation Services programs at Jackson North Medical Center.
- Clients must be approved for admission to the After-Care program by Jackson North’s Rehabilitation Manager.
- Clients are supervised by Rehabilitation Services personnel specifically for their needs.
One time registration fee: $30.00
Six Sessions: $37.50
Classes are Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
For more information, or to register, please call Jackson North Rehabilitation Services at 305-654-5043.
Amputee Support Group
All amputees and their loved ones are invited and encouraged to attend Jackson North’s Amputee Support Group, facilitated by Dr. Cheri Surloff Ph.D., Psy.D. The group meets on the second Thursday of every month from 4 to 5 p.m. in the Jackson North Rehab Dining Room 4th floor – East Wing. For questions or additional information, please call 305-654-3132.
Stroke Support Group
If you have suffered from a stroke or have a loved one that has, Jackson North Medical Center has a stroke support group. It is held the second Thursday of every month from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Jackson North Rehab Dining Room 4th floor – East Wing. The group is facilitated by Dr. Cheri Surloff Ph.D., Psy.D. All stroke survivors and their loved ones are invited and encouraged to attend. For questions or additional information, please call 305-654-3132.
160 N.W. 170th Street
North Miami Beach, FL 33169