Here’s a 10-ingredient ham hash skillet recipe that will amp up your breakfast or brunch.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced, lower-sodium, low-fat diced ham (about 4 ounces), all visible fat discarded
- 3 cups frozen, fat-free southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and the bell pepper is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ham. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the hash browns and seasoning blend. Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Stir (the golden-brown pieces will be redistributed). Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the mixture is heated through.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.
Source: American Heart Association