While COVID-19 continues to impact our community, rest assured our team is dedicated to the safety and health of our own employees and our patients. As we welcome you back to our hospitals and urgent care facilities, we’re committed to keeping you safe every day as we move forward with enhanced safety measures designed with your health in mind.
Here are some of the safety measures we have implemented:
- Visitation is suspended for most patients at most facilities. We encourage the use of phone calls, electronic messages, and videoconference.
- Pediatric, maternity, and inpatient rehabilitation patients may have one healthy visitor, and additional exceptions can be requested to hospital administration for special circumstances.
- Patients with scheduled procedures may be escorted into our hospitals by one healthy visitor. These visitors may wait in designated lounges configured especially for these guests. At the end of the procedure, a member of the care team will update the visitor about the outcome, at which time the visitor will be asked to leave.
- All visitors must be at least 12 years old. Children age 11 and younger will not be admitted.
Non-COVID-19 Surgeries and Procedures
Effective Monday, July 6, we will limit inpatient surgeries and procedures to emergency and urgent cases only. Please contact your medical provider if you have any questions regarding an upcoming elective procedure or surgery.
- For the safety of our staff and visitors, valet parking has been temporarily suspended at the main entrance to Jackson Memorial Hospital and the Emergency Department entrance for Jackson Memorial and Holtz Children’s Hospital.
- Transplant patients are especially concerned about COVID-19. Click here for detailed information from The Miami Transplant Institute.
Vendors and Contractors
- Jackson vendors and contractors must adhere to emergency COVID-19 protocols prior to visiting any Jackson facilities. Click here to see the rules and associated documents.
Jackson Prime Members
Jackson is extending all Jackson Prime card benefits until at least August 31, 2020. We are currently processing all new appointments for Jackson Prime Card holders via phone interview only. We are not accepting face-to-face onsite interviews at this time.